Wednesday, April 18, 2007

April 19: Graaaaah...

Page 4: still in the works. Basically? Fuck.

(Added later: Since I'm a generous guy, but also too tired to scan anything, here's another photo preview of the progression of page 4)



I just looked back at the first two pages, and I've got to say that I've really come along way already in the process of doing this book. Maybe it's just all the repetition of drawing these characters over and over again or something, but it's gotten a lot better, even about two or three pages into it. I think what I might even do is redraw the first two pages again when I finish the rest of the book, so that the proportions fit with the art boards I'm drawing on now and so that the artwork has a little more unity to it. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

But it's coming along, slowly but surely. Trouble is that it's hard to fit all the things I'd like to do during the day into the several hour time slot I have after work every night. I'd like to draw, I'd like to read, I'd like to go for a run, I'd like to fuck around on the internet for a while, but there just aren't enough hours in the day. So it's tough to really sit down and work on the pages. But it's coming along. Every little bit helps, I guess.

Okay, I need to go to bed (work in the morning!), but I thought I'd check in with the people that like to check in on my progress. Also, go watch Clerks 2, because Kevin Smith's a fucking genious. Make sure to check out the "Back to the Well" documentary, too, because it's also great. That's a random thing to throw in, but it's my opinion.

Laters

No comments: