Monday, April 9, 2007

April 9: Page 4, in process

Want to know what a page looks like as it's being drawn? Well, you've come to the right place! I thought'd I'd take a quick shot and show you what I have so far on page 4. Not a lot as of yet, but it's coming along. I guess it also gives you a little inside on the comics process--at least how I do it. I don't know, maybe you find that kind of stuff interesting. In any case, it's a preview of some new art. Hope you like.



As you can see I pencil, ink, and letter as I go, while the traditional process is to pencil, send it off to an inker, then send it off to the letterer. But since I'm doing it all myself, why not just do it all the first time through? Besides, I work better with ink than with pencil, and the pencils are really just basic sketches to give me an idea of where things need to go in the panel and how things should be proportioned, so it's just more comfortable this way. But that's how I do it--in case you were wondering.

Okay, that's all for now, but I just thought I'd throw you a quick mini-update to kick off the week. Later!

No comments: