Wednesday, March 28, 2007

March 28: Sketch Dump

Ok so here's how lazy I am. I was this close (thiis close) to doing a video sketch blog in which I would have just talked and held up my sketchbook in front of the webcam. But after doing several takes I noticed 1) that's pretty boring, and 2) I hate talking into a camera (It just feels weird). So I decided to fire up the scanner and do this the old fashioned way. I might do a video blog at some point, but it will actually be something half entertaining when I do it (or if my site is down like over at nataliedee.com or marriedtothesea.com and I need to show you my stuff in video form), and not just a copout for not wanting to scan something.

But anyway here's a bunch of stuff. Hope you like.

Sketch 1: Faces



Sketch 2: More Faces



Yeah, you're right...frats are pretty cool, after all
I don't know why, but I felt like drawing someone vomiting. The whole frat dudes angle just seemed to fit.



An interesting PS to this sketch. A couple days after I drew this I asked my dad what frat he was in when he was in school. Turns out it was, you guessed it, Sigma Chi!. So I don't think my dad was a loser frat guy or anything like that, the name just sounded extra "fratty" (I just made that word up, and I like it) so that's why I used it.

Futurama-rama



"See What I Did There?" Sketches
The doodle that started it all, with a tiny little layout thumbnail to boot.



"Last Resort" Ezra sketch
This is a character you haven't seen yet, but he's another main character from the graphic novel I'm working on (His name is Ezra, if you didn't catch that). Sometimes when I draw him he looks like me, and other times he looks like Chuck Klosterman (especially in this sketch). Neither resemblance is ever intended, just so that you don't think the story is based of mine or Klosterman's life or something like that. I guess I need to work on that more.



Okay, so that's all for now. But I've given you a good bit of stuff to look at. I hope you liked, please feel free to leave comments (positive or otherwise).

Page 3 of the comic should be up soon. Later!

No comments: